Last week I shared with you how to make my Homemade Custard which is delicious. The recipe calls for two egg yolks but I’m always left with two egg whites. In recent months, I have started to make chocolate mousse with the egg whites which we all really enjoy. It’s such a delicious dessert that I thought I’d share it with you in a video. The link is below the picture and so is the blog post.
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric whisk
- Tea towel
- Small bowl
- Small saucepan
- Small bowls or pots x 4
- Serving spoon
- Egg whites x 2 eggs
- Coconut sugar x 50g
- Dark chocolate x 100g
- Raspberries x 1 large handful
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Put the egg whites in the large mixing bowl.
- Place the tea towel under the bowl to stop it from moving.
- Begin to whisk the egg whites and add a little bit of the sugar at the same time.
- Keep whisking and adding sugar bit by bit.
- You may only need to add enough sugar to make the egg whites stiffen.
- Once the egg whites are stiff and you can turn them upside down over your head without them falling from the bowl set them aside.
- Put the small saucepan on the hob and add water.
- Bring the water to the boil and put the small bowl on top of the pan.
- Break up the chocolate and put it into the small bowl.
- Stir the chocolate with the spatula until it’s all melted.
- Then fold the melted chocolate into the egg whites.
- By folding the chocolate you keep the air in the egg whites.
- Continue to fold until the egg whites have been covered in the chocolate.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve add raspberries to the base of the bowl or pot you are going to serve it in and spoon over the mousse.
- Repeat the process for the other 3 bowls.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Chocolate and Raspberry Mousse is a winner in our house. My husband and son love it. It’s a great after dinner treat or you could have it as a sweet treat too. Mousse made with egg whites is normally a very low fat dessert that’s super tasty. You could enjoy this during the summer as a topping to strawberries or blueberries too. However you decide to eat this dessert, as always, please enjoy.
What’s your favourite chocolate pudding? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx