Burgers are always well received and my little family love them. I felt a bit unsure about this recipe as it doesn’t look that appetizing when it’s on the plate. My feelings were proven very wrong. Again as it was a burger my husband Howard and son Ted really enjoyed them.
The recipe is another classic I collected from our holiday to Tenby in Wales this year. On our last night we went to a burger restaurant in the middle of the town. Sadly it was the last night they were open as they were moving location. They wouldn’t be opening the new restaurant for a few weeks and I can’t remember the name.
However they served me the most delicious burger with lots of tomato relish and homemade mayonnaise. It was so yummy that when I got home I decided to make my own version of this scrummy burger. At this point I was keeping my fingers crossed my family would eat it. They did and it’s definitely one we would eat again.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Food processor
- Sweet potato x 2 large
- Black beans x 2 400g tins
- Tahini x 2 tbsps
- Tomato puree x 2 tbsps
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Brown rice flour x 4 – 6
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4 and put the baking tray in.
- Cut the sweet potato into 1 inch cubes.
- Remove the baking tray and put the sweet potato cubes in.
- Don’t put any oil on the potatoes and put the baking tray back into the oven.
- Cook for about 35 – 40 minutes or until the cubes are golden brown.
- Once the sweet potato is golden brown remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Drain the black beans through the colander and place them in the food processor.
- Add in the tahini, tomato puree and dried mixed herbs.
- Now add in the sweet potato and begin to blend the mixture together.
- Gradually, add the brown rice flour through the funnel of the processor.
- Once it starts to form a dough ball, stop adding the flour.
- You may use more or less of the flour.
- Divide the mixture up into quarters.
- With your hands shape the mixture into a burger.
- Then put back into the baking tray and place back into the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally serve with salad or my homemade coleslaw and enjoy.
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burgers were a big hit in our house. Howard and Ted thought they were delicious and I loved them too. We ate this meal with a delicious salad but you could have it with my homemade coleslaw too. However you decide to eat these meals, as always, enjoy.
What vegan or vegetarian burgers do you love to eat? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx