Porridge and eggs are my two sample foods for breakfast. I like to alternate between the two. The Buddhist believe that we should always have the same breakfast. For me, it’s a great idea as it makes my morning run smoothly if I know what I’m going to eat.
However, I also believe that variety is the spice of life and I don’t think that eating the same foods everyday is good for us. So that’s why I like to alternate between two different breakfast. Occasionally, I will have a smoothie and on Sunday we eat pancakes made from porridge oats. Apart from that it’s eggs and porridge all the way.
Therefore to make these breakfast slightly different everyday I will choose different toppings for the porridge and different extras for my omelettes or scrambled eggs. Since I started adding a wrap it’s easily become my new favourite breakfast. I love adding a sweet potato wrap for extra carbs and protein at breakfast. It’s so yummy and so easy to cook. Even the sleepiest cook can’t get this wrong.
Do you like simple breakfasts and if so, what’s your favourite? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- Plastic Brush
- Fish slice
- Eggs x 2 medium
- Spring onions x 2
- Green pepper x 1/2
- Sweet Potato wraps x 1
- Avocado x 1/2
- Kale or spinach
- Cut the tops and tails from the spring onions.
- Now slice the onions into 1/2 centimetre pieces.
- Next cut the top from the pepper and remove the seeds and green stalk.
- Slice the pepper in half and cut one half into slices and then 1 centimetre pieces.
- Set the vegetables aside.
- Scramble the eggs in a mug with a fork.
- Put the frying pan on a high heat and add the oil.
- Spread the oil across the base of the pan.
- When the pan is hot add the eggs and spread them across the pan of the pan.
- You can do this by tilting the pan.
- Then put the sweet potato wrap on the top of the cooking egg.
- The egg and the wrap should glue together.
- Then once the egg starts to cook underneath flip it over and cook the wrap for a few minutes.
- Then fold and serve with sliced avocado and fried green spinach or kale.
- Finally enjoy.
Sweet Potato Egg Wrap and Roll is a delicious way to kick start the day. During the week, mornings are always our busiest time so we need quick and easy. The sweet potato wraps are a great way to get extra carbs and protein into my breakfast. This is not an advert for these sweet potato wraps but they are yummy. Plus they are freezable and they make a filling breakfast really easy for me. The wraps are gluten free but if you haven’t got a gluten allergy then you can use other wraps. However you decide to eat this breakfast, as always, please enjoy.