In the summer months I made a delicious Gluten Free Caesar Salad, but now that winter is drawing in, I want to eat warming foods. During the summer it’s much better for our bodies to eat cooler foods. Then in winter when the weather is colder it’s better to eat warmer foods. Our stomachs tend to be warmer during summer and cooler during winter.
However I do love a salad! So this started me thinking about warm salads I could eat in the winter. As I have been eating my Caesar Salad lots during summer I thought it would be great warmed up. I decided to add spinach and kale instead of lettuce and I thought I would add chicken too. It was delicious and one I would recommend to a friend. Therefore I have made a video on how to cook this salad for my YouTube channel Googie’s Kitchen and the recipe is below.
Do you love a warm winter salad? If so, will you be serving this one on Christmas dinner? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large salad or mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- Plastic brush
- Measuring jug
- Glass jar with lid
- Salad spoon and fork
Ingredients for the salad
- Roasted Garlic and Herb Chickpeas x 1 recipe
- Cooked or uncooked chicken x 250g
- Spinach x 1
- Kale x 1
- Tomatoes x 20 small or plum tomatoes
- Pine nuts x 2 handfuls
- Oil for the pan
Method for the salad
- Slice the spinach and kale and set aside.
- If using uncooked chicken breasts cut them into strips
- Put a frying pan on a high heat on the hob.
- Add oil to the base of the pan and spread with the plastic brush.
- Now put the uncooked chicken into the pan and fry until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- If using cooked chicken make sure it’s cut into bit sized pieces.
- Next add a little bit more oil and cook the spinach and kale until they have both wilted down.
- Place the chicken, spinach and kale into the salad bowl.
- Next wash the tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Put these into the salad or mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle over the pine nuts and roasted chickpeas and set aside.
Ingredients for the dressing
- Olive oil x 50 mls
- Apple cider vinegar x 20 mls
- Avocado x 1/2
- Maple syrup x 2 tsps
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Garlic granules x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method for the dressing
- Measure the olive oil and pour this into the nutribullet cup or blender.
- Next measure the apple cider vinegar and pour it into the cup or blender.
- Scoop out the flesh from half the avocado and put this into the cup or blender.
- Add in the maple syrup, dried mixed herbs and garlic granules.
- Put the lid on and blend until all the ingredients are smooth.
- Now add in the salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend these ingredients again.
- Pour or spoon out the dressing onto the salad.
- Toss all the ingredients together and serve.
- Then enjoy.
Warm and Still Gluten Free Caesar Salad was a yummy salad to eat and one I will be eating lots of during this winter season. It’s a very simple dish that is full of flavour. My husband and son are not salad fans so I ate this dish over two lunches at the weekend. It’s a great one for a party too, as you can make the salad and the dressing in advance. However keep the salad and dressing apart until you want to serve. Then pour over and serve immediately. However you decide to eat this salad, as always, enjoy.