Sunday slow cooker meals are now part of our lazy day. Don’t get me wrong I love a roast dinner and we are creatures of habit in this house. We would have a roast every Sunday but they do take a long time to cook. So when we want a really lazy Sunday where we don’t have to cook too much. I will grab the slow cooker and prepare a tasty meal the night before.
By preparing all the ingredients the night before all I have to do is turn the slow cooker on in the morning. For me, it makes it feel like the fairies have cooked the dinner. Then all I have to do is serve the meal and enjoy. With these dish I did find the meatballs fell apart easily when I transferred them to the bowl. The meat then added to the texture of the sauce. The dish was easy and simple and one I had to share with you.
Do like an easy Sunday lunch and if so, what’s your favourite? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Slow cooker
- Mixing bowl
Ingredients for the sauce
- Onion x 1
- Courgette x 1
- Red pepper x 1
- Green beans x 4 handfuls
- Tinned tomatoes x 1 400g tin
- Chicken stock x 500ml
- Mild or hot chilli powder x 1 – 2 tsp
- Garlic granules x 2 tsp
- Smoked paprika x tsp
- Cayenne pepper x 1/2 – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method for the sauce
- Peel and slice the onion and courgette.
- Cut the top from red pepper and remove the core.
- Slice the red pepper and put these into the slow cooker.
- Pour over the tomatoes and stock.
- Add in the green beans and the spice.
- Now add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all of these ingredients together and set aside.
Ingredients for the meatballs
- Chicken or Turkey mince x 500g
- Spring onions x 8 – 10
- Cashew nut cream cheese x 50g
- Nutritional yeast x 2 tbsps (optional)
- Ground flax seeds x tbsps
- Carrot x 1
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method for the meatballs
- Put the chicken or turkey mince into the large mixing bowl.
- Top and tail the spring onions and slice into half centimetre pieces.
- Peel and grate the carrot.
- Place the grated carrot and spring onions into the large mixing bowl.
- Add in the cashew nut cream cheese, nutritional yeast, ground flax seed and salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, using your hands, mix together the ingredients.
- Divided the meat mixture into eight even pieces and roll into balls.
- Put the meatballs on top of the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Turn the cooker onto high for 3 – 4 hours and low for 7 – 8 hours.
- Once everything is cooked, turn the slow cooker off and serve the dinner.
- Serve with rice, quinoa, pasta, potato or couscous.
- Then enjoy.
Slow Cooked Cheesy ‘No Cheese’ Meatballs with a Spicy Sauce was a big hit. We served our meal with rice but this meal is adaptable and could be eaten with a variety of foods. Also the leftovers can be frozen and eaten on another occasion. It’s a taste way to eat chicken or turkey mince too. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx