Chips, chips and more chips. There are times when nothing beats a beautifully crispy chip. For years now I’ve been trying to get my home cooked chips crispier. In my kitchen I have Pampered Chef stoneware which cooks food beautifully. Stoneware works by drawing out the badness and leaving the goodness in the food. I hate to admit it but stones cook fish fingers really well.
That’s why when I cook chips I always use a stone. The stone would make them golden brown but never that crunchy. Then I thought about how I cooked roast potatoes and I discover a whole new way of cooking a crunchy, crispy chip. Below is a video on how to make these chips and so is the recipe.
What’s your favourite dinner to have with chips? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe to my channel.
- Potato peeler
- Large saucepan
- Baking Tray
- Potatoes x 800g (preferably Maris Pipers)
- Olive oil x 4 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4 and put the baking tray in.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into thick chip shapes.
- Fill the large saucepan with water and put it on a high heat.
- Bring the water to the boil and add in the chips.
- Cook for about 5 minutes but no longer.
- The potato should take a long time to fall from a fork after 5 minutes.
- Pour the saucepan’s contents through a colander.
- Now toss the potatoes in the colander until the edges are rough.
- Put the colander back onto the saucepan and set aside.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven.
- Put the chips into the tray and pour over the oil.
- Toss the chips in the oil until they are all coated.
- Now put the tray back into the oven for about 35 – 40 minutes or until the chips are golden brown.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and serve.
Twice Cooked Chips were crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The bonus of these chips is there is nothing artificial about them. Just cooked in boiling water and then in oil in the oven. They are a brilliant accompaniment to a lot of meals we eat. Well worth a try. However you decide to eat these chips, as always, enjoy.
Thank you. xxx