Nothing beats a nice crusty roll and a hot bowl of soup or does it. It’s probably not the right time of year to be talking about soup and crusty rolls but the soup is a staple lunch for me. My husband Howard and son Ted will always have sandwiches for their lunch but as I don’t eat bread nowadays these chickpea flour wraps make a healthy alternative.
For me I find nothing beats a chickpea flour wrap and a bowl of soup. Although, there is a little bit more effort involved than just buying a crusty roll from the supermarket the results make the effort worth it. The wraps are just like making pancakes. Once you have mastered the best time to flip the wraps, they are really easy to cook.
What would you have instead of a crusty roll? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring jug
- Frying pan
- Fish slice
- Chickpea flour x 120g
- Baking powder x 1 tsp
- Hot or mild chilli powder x 1/2 tsp
- Smoked paprika x 1/2 tsp
- Ground sweet cinnamon or ground cinnamon x 1/2 tsp
- Ground Ginger x 1/2 tsp
- Oat milk x 100mls (or a milk of your choice)
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for the frying pan
- Begin by weighing the chickpea flour in the small mixing bowl.
- Add in the baking powder, hot or mild chilli powder, smoked paprika, ground sweet cinnamon or ground cinnamon, ground ginger and salt.
- Mix all these ingredients together.
- Now pour over the milk and stir everything together until the mixture resembles a pancake mix.
- Put the pan on a high heat and add oil to the base.
- Wait for the pan to heat up and once hot, pour in a quarter of the mixture.
- When the wrap starts to cook around the outside, flip it over.
- Carefully remove the wrap from the base of the pan.
- It doesn’t matter if it splits it will glue back together again.
- Turn the wrap over and cook on the other side.
- Once the outside of the wrap cooked on both side turn over to check and remove from the pan.
- Pour in another quarter of the mixture and repeat the process for the rest.
- When all are cooked serve and enjoy.
Chickpea Flour Wraps are a great alternative to a crusty roll. They are very versatile and they could be eaten as part of a curry or stew too. I still have a few more ideas for these wraps but I’m still trying to get to those recipes. These are a great way to enjoy a bowl of soup and all the ingredients are freezable too. However you decide to eat these wraps, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx