On Saturday when my husband Howard and son Ted are eating their toasted cheese sandwiches or whatever it is they fancy you will find me making a delicious soup for my lunch. Once upon a time I would have served my soup with a crusty bread roll.
Since discovering my gluten allergy about five years ago I started to find alternatives to eating bread with my soups. Nowadays I enjoy making wraps to eat with my soup. When I first started making Chickpea Flour Wraps this is what I started with. Later on this week I will share with you two other recipes but for now here’s a yummy one below. Plus below is a video and the recipe for you.
Are you gluten intolerant like me and what alternatives do you enjoy with you soup? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe.
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring jug
- Frying pan
- Fish slice
- Chickpea flour x 120g
- Baking powder x 1 tsp
- Oat milk x 100mls (or a milk of your choice)
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for the frying pan
- Begin by weighing the chickpea flour in the small mixing bowl.
- Add in the baking powder and salt.
- Mix these two ingredients together.
- Now pour over the milk and stir everything together until the mixture resembles a pancake mix.
- Put the pan on a high heat and add oil to the base.
- Wait for the pan to heat up and once hot, pour in a quarter of the mixture.
- When the wrap starts to cook around the outside, flip it over.
- Carefully remove the wrap from the base of the pan.
- It doesn’t matter if it splits it will glue back together again.
- Turn the wrap over and cook on the other side.
- Once the outside of the wrap is cooked on both sides, turn over to check and remove from the pan.
- Pour in another quarter of the mixture and repeat the process for the rest.
- When all are cooked serve and enjoy.
Chickpea Flour Wraps are a great alternative to bread. They are very versatile and can be used as alternatives to pizzas bases. I have even made a sandwich from them before too. I still have a few more ideas for these wraps but I’m still trying to get to those recipes. These are a great way to enjoy a bowl of soup and all the ingredients are freezable too. However you decide to eat these wraps, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx