Since discovering I have a gluten intolerance a few years ago, I now look for alternatives to it. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of gluten free bread either. So I’m always looking for wraps to dip into my lunch time soups.
My husband Howard and son Ted will normally eat sandwiches for their lunch. Nowadays I like to make myself a healthy soup with beans and a chickpea flour wrap.
Every so often I like a break from the normal and I decided to add a few flavours to my original recipe. The results were amazing and I just had to share this recipe with you. It’s one you can eat all year round and it’s delicious. Below is the video and recipe for you.
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring jug
- Frying pan
- Fish slice
- Chickpea flour x 120g
- Baking powder x 1 tsp
- Nutritional yeast or parmesan x 2 tbsps
- Onion Granules x 1 tsp
- Oat milk x 100mls (or a milk of your choice)
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for the frying pan
- Begin by weighing the chickpea flour in the small mixing bowl.
- Add in the baking powder, nutritional yeast or parmesan, onion granules and salt.
- Mix all these ingredients together.
- Now pour over the milk and stir everything together until the mixture resembles a pancake mix.
- Put the pan on a high heat and add oil to the base.
- Wait for the pan to heat up and once hot, pour in a quarter of the mixture.
- When the wrap starts to cook around the outside flip it over.
- Carefully remove the wrap from the base of the pan.
- It doesn’t matter if it splits it will glue back together again.
- Turn the wrap over and cook on the other side.
- Once the outside of the wrap is cooked on both sides, turn over to check and remove from the pan.
- Pour in another quarter of the mixture and repeat the process for the rest.
- When all are cooked serve and enjoy.
Cheese and Onion Chickpea Flour Wraps were a big hit with me. They are great to dip in soup but they also make a good pizza base or even a sandwich. If you are like me and not a fan of gluten free bread this really is a great alternative. Plus you could make double and freeze a few for another occasion. However you decided to eat these wraps, as always, please enjoy.