Now that the warmer weather is on the way I feel it’s time to start making cooling smoothies once again. Smoothies were first invented in the 1930s when the blender was invented. They were first sold by health food stores on the west coast of America. Smoothies and blenders have obviously been selling since. By the 1980s the name smoothie was being used in recipes.
Today you can make any kind of smoothie you enjoy. In many countries around the world, smoothies are a part of the cuisine. In the West and in South East Asia we tend to enjoy fruit based smoothies but in India they like to make a mango lassi – a big favourite with my husband Howard. In this recipe I have used pineapple and mint. These are two very cooling ingredients that are perfect for a warm day. Plus they taste delicious in this smoothie. Below is a video and recipe for you.
What’s your favourite smoothie combination? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Measuring jug
- Frozen pineapple or fresh pineapple x 1 large handful
- Mint x 8 – 10 leaves
- Ground cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Banana x 1
- Coconut drink (Rude Health) or coconut water 300mls
- Honey or maple syrup x 1 tsp (optional)
- Pour the coconut drink or coconut water into the nutribullet cup or blender jug.
- Next put the pineapple, mint leaves, ground cinnamon and coconut drink or water in as well.
- You can add honey or maple syrup if you want to, but the banana and pineapple are very sweet already.
- Now blend all of these ingredients together.
- Once smooth, remove the lid and pour into a glass.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Coconut, Mint and Pineapple Smoothie is a delicious smoothie that was so tasty on a very warm spring day we had recently. Smoothies are a refreshing way to help cool you down on a hot day. Although it’s not only just Spring I have to admit I’ve been craving a smoothie for a while. As soon as the weather was warm enough I immediately pulled out my blender to make this delicious drink. I don’t tend to drink smoothies in winter as I think that during this time of year we should be eating more warming foods. Then in summer we should eat more cooling foods. Smoothies are definitely a Spring and Summer drink for me. However you decide to drink this smoothie, as always, please enjoy. Thank you