Now that summer is on the way I’m getting ready to pull out those delicious morning smoothies again. During winter I’m much more of a porridge or egg kind of person. I prefer warming foods for all my meals during the colder weather. However, when summer starts knocking on the door, I like to think about smoothies and salads.
As part of my lavender month I thought I would try making a smoothie with lavender in. A little while ago I made a Choc Cherry Smoothie and I decided to make a few changes. Then I added lavender to the breakfast drink as well. The lavender gave this drink a little extra flavour and I thought it was delicious. Although maybe an acquired taste. Let me know what you think once you try it. Below is a video and recipe for you.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- Nutribullet (We bought this on Amazon.)
- Avocado x 1/2
- Banana x 1
- Medjool dates x 2
- Brazil Nuts x 4
- Pumpkin seeds x 1 tbsp
- Hemp seeds x 1tbsp
- Flax seed oil x 1 tsp
- Cherries x 1 handful
- Oat Milk x 200mls
- Kale x 1 large handful
- Raw cacao powder x 1 tbsp
- Ground sweet cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Local honey x 1 tsp (optional)
- Lavender x 4 – 6 stalks
- Start by cutting your avocado in half and leaving the stone in one half.
- Put that in a tupperware box and store in the fridge until you want to use it.
- Add the half with no stone to the Nutribullet or food processor (having removed the skin first, of course!).
- Along with the banana, pecans, mixed seeds, medjool dates, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, flax seed oil, cherries, oat milk, kale, raw cacao powder, cinnamon, local honey (optional) and lavender.
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into a glass or drink from the Nutribullet cup and enjoy.
Choc Cherry and Lavender Smoothie is a delicious breakfast drink. The lavender also adds a refreshing change in taste to this smoothie. It’s certainly a breakfast I will be having again. All of these ingredients are freezable so you could make a couple of batches and freeze them. To save time this is one that could be made the night before and eaten in the morning. It also makes a great mid morning or afternoon snack. However you decide to drink/eat this smoothie, as always, please enjoy.
[…] Choc Cherry Lavender Smoothie […]
[…] Chocolate Cherry Lavender Smoothie […]
[…] 3 Healthy Vegan Smoo… on Googie’s Kitchen present… […]