Recently I decided to cook a recipe my husband Howard and I used to eat. When Howard and I were first together we both worked in London. We would always come home tired and hungry. In this situation we were in need of fast, easy meals. We started cooking together in the evenings and one of our favourites was chicken fajitas. To be honest, we would have brought most of the ingredients from a packet.
Nowadays I tend to enjoy preparing our dinners from fresh. I decided to try cooking chicken fajitas again but this time from scratch. The results were so good that I decided to try this dish with fish and bake it in the oven. Although we are still busy people I generally tend to spend more time in the kitchen in the evenings. With a bit more time for dinner I love to experiment and try all different variations of my meals. This dish was one meal I was very pleased I tried. I hope you will try it and enjoy it as much as we did.
Have you tried fajitas and if so, what do you love about them? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Plastic brush
- Stirring spoon
- Small mixing bowl
- Onions x 1
- Chicken x 500g
- Red peppers x 2 large
- Mild, medium or hot chilli powder x 1 tsp
- Smoked paprika x 1 tsp
- Onion powder x 1 tsp
- Garlic granules x 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper x 1/4 – 1 tsp (depending on how spicy you like it).
- Ground cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper x 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
- Sour cream x 1 small tub or soured cashew nut cream cheese x 1 recipe
- Lime x 1
- Guacamole x 1 recipe
- Wraps x 8
- Salad of your choice
- Olive oil for the spices and fish x 2 tbsps
- Preheat 180°C or gas mark 6.
- Make the cashew nut cream cheese and add the juice of 1 lime to it.
- Make the guacamole as per the recipe.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Cut the tops from the pepper and remove the seed and green stalk.
- Now slice the flesh of the pepper.
- Put the sliced onions and red pepper into the baking tray.
- Place the tray into the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the mild, medium or hot chilli powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, ground cinnamon and salt and pepper in the small mixing bowl.
- Pour the olive oil the spices and mix these ingredients together.
- Spread the oil and spices mixture over the salmon.
- When the salmon is covered in the oil, take the baking tray out of the oven and place the salmon on top of the other vegetables.
- Cook these ingredients for 15 – 20 minutes or until the fish flakes away from itself.
- Once the fish is cooked remove from the oven and take to the table.
- Serve with the guacamole, sour cream or soured cashew nut cream cheese, wraps and salad.
- Then enjoy.
Oven Baked Salmon Fajita’s were a big hit with me and Howard and my son Ted enjoyed them as well. These were fairly quick and easy to put together. I left the skin on the fish but my husband and son remove it from there fish of fish. Then we cut the fish pu into cubes and put it into our fajitas. Personally I think this meal is much better cooked from fresh. Plus the spice mix could be made in advance without the oil and stored in an airtight container until ready to use. You can also make the cashew nut cream cheese in advance and freeze that too. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you. xxx