Quick and easy dinners are exactly what I need during the week. I always give myself about an hour for preparing and cooking dinner during the week. I find that if I set aside one hour I can make a fairly decent meal in that time. Stir fries are a life saver for so many people.
Therefore I’m always try to think of new ideas for this type of dinner. It makes our life more interesting when we all try a variety of meals. My husband Howard and son Ted love a stir fry. I knew that they would come running to the table when this dish was served. It was a super speedy meal for a very fast family. We loved this dinner and we hope you will too.
What’s your favourite stir fry meal? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- Stirring spoon
Ingredients for the stir fry
- Crab x 2 tins
- Spring onions x 1 bunch (about 6 – 8)
- Carrot x 1 large
- Red pepper x 1
- Bamboo shoots x 1
- Noodles x 300g
Ingredients for the sauce
- Tomato puree x 4 tbsp
- Coconut or brown sugar x 4 tbsps
- Apple cider vinegar x 4 tbsps
- Tamari x 4 tbsps
- Garlic granules x 1 – 2 tsps
- Ground ginger x 1 – 2 tsps
Method for the sauce
- Mix together the tomato puree, apple cider vinger, tamari, coconut or brown sugar, garlic granules, ground ginger and chicken or vegetable stock or bone broth into the mixing bowl.
- Stir the mixture and set aside.
- Peel the carrots and slice lengthways into thin battens.
- Remove the core of the red pepper and slice into battens again.
- Finally slice the spring onion into 1/2 cm pieces.
- Put the large frying pan on a high heat and pour in the olive oil.
- Spread the olive oil across the base of the pan until it’s covered in the oil.
- Once the pan is hot add in the spring onions and fry until translucent.
- Next add in the carrots and pepper and fry for a further two minutes.
- Now add in the sauce made earlier in this recipe.
- Bring it to the boil and then leave it to simmer.
- While it’s simmering add in the bamboo shoots and crab.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat these ingredients through for a few minutes.
- Turn the hob off and remove the saucepan from the heat
- Set the stir fry to one and cook the rice or noodles you want with it as per the packet instructions.
- Once everything has cooked, serve and enjoy.
Sweet and Sour Crab Stir Fry was a big hit in our house. My husband Howard, son Ted and I really enjoyed this dish. It was a very simple meal to prepare and cook. It makes a great mid week meal dinner. The leftovers could be frozen and eaten on another occasion. Plus the leftovers are great as a packed lunch the next day too. It’s a great dish to take with you when your on the go. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx