My husband Howard, son Ted and I all love chicken and we all love burgers. As a mum I’m always trying to get healthy ingredients into my son and yes even my husband occasionally too. I’m always trying new recipes as I also love to think of new meals for us to share.
When I thought of this recipe I felt the apple would sweeten the chicken burger and it did. The sweetness in certain meals is what my husband and son enjoy. They both have a sweet tooth. So by making the main meal sweeter with apple they both will eat their dinner without any complaint.
These burgers were sweet and juicy. They were very simple to make and so easy to cook. Once I had mixed all the basic ingredients together, all I had to do was put them into the oven. I served these with chips and salad. It was a delicious meal that we will be eating again. Below is a video and recipe for you.
What are your favourite burgers and what sort of strange ingredients do you like to add to them? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- Mince chicken x 500g
- Egg x 1
- Apples x 2
- Carrots x 1
- Ground flax seed x 6 – 8 tbsp
- Dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Peel and grate the apples and carrots.
- Put the chicken mince into a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add in the grated carrots and apples, ground flax seed, tamari and dried mixed herbs.
- Now add in the egg and scrunch the mixture in your hands until the ingredients are well mixed in.
- Divide the mixture into 4 parts and shape the parts into burgers.
- Put the burgers into the baking tray and cook for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- To check the chicken is cooked, put a skewer into the centre of a burger and if the juices run clear it’s cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Then enjoy.
Chicken and Apple Burger were well received in my house and all the plates were cleaned by the end of the meal. These burgers are quick and simple. However, if you wanted to make them in advance of a meal you could do so. All the ingredients are freezable as long as the chicken mince hasn’t already been frozen. Then all that needs to be done is, a day before you want to cook the burgers, remove them from the freezer and let them defrost. However you decide to eat these burgers, as always, enjoy. Thank you xxx