For me, summer and salads go hand in hand. I look forward to the warmer months so that I can, as my husband Howard would say, eat like a rabbit! I love salad but I try not to eat it in winter. In recent years I have learned that warming foods are better for the body in winter. Then cooling foods are better for the summer.
Eating cooler foods in the summer lowers our internal body temperatures. It helps to counteract the warmer weather. In winter, when the weather is colder outside, eating a hot meal helps to keep our bodies warmer. When we go out into the cold our bodies will be able to deal with the colder environment. I tend to eat hotter foods during the winter. When summer arrives it’s the one time of the year I get to act like a rabbit and I love it.
What’s your favourite salad to eat in the summer? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Potato peeler
- Baking tray
- Tin opener
- Tuna x 2 tins
- Sweet potatoes x 800g
- Garlic x 20 cloves
- Olive oil x enough to cover the potatoes
- Rocket x 4 large handfuls or a lettuce of your choice
- Tomatoes x 20 small
- Salad dressing x 1 recipe
- Salt and pepper to your tastes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 centimetre pieces.
- Put the potato pieces into the baking tray and drizzle oil over the top.
- Add in the garlic cloves and toss all the ingredients together.
- When the oven has preheated put the baking tray in and cook the ingredients for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the potatoes are cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add them to the large mixing bowl.
- Add in the rocket as well.
- Open the tuna and drain off the excess liquid.
- Then put the tuna into the mixing bowl as well.
- Make the salad dressing.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the baking tray and set aside.
- Put the warm potatoes on top of the other ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Pour over the salad dressing and toss all of these ingredients together using the spoon and fork.
- Serve the salad into bowls and add 5 cloves of roasted garlic to each bowl.
- Then enjoy.
Simple Tuna and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad was a yummy salad. It was very simple to prepare and cook. It would make a brilliant packed or picnic lunch. It’s also a lovely salad to serve to friends and family. You can make it in advance to a meal and store it in the fridge until you want to eat it. We enjoyed this meal on a warm summers evening. My family and I loved it and we hope you will too. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx