Herbs are a great additional to any dish. This summer I have been growing my own herbs in the garden and I have filled our meals with them. They have made dinners so tasty and they are fairly easy to grow. Herbs are also packed with goodness and they have a number of health benefits.
Eating herbs may help against heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Fresh herbs contain higher levels of antioxidants compared with processed or dried herbs. Herbs can be used in a variety of dishes including soups, stews and curries. I decided to try these yummy plants in a chicken burger and the results were so delicious I had to share the recipe with you.
Do you use herbs in your cooking and if so what are your favourite? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe.
- Vegetable peeler
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- Onion x 1
- Parsley x 1 small handful
- Thyme x 1 small handful
- Lemon balm x 1 small handful
- Rosemary x 1 small handful
- Carrot x 1 large
- Tomato puree x 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ground almonds x 4 tbsp
- Chicken or turkey thigh mince x 500g
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel and slice and dice the onion finely and set aside.
- Wash the herbs and pat them dry.
- Chop the herbs finely and set aside.
- Peel and grate the carrot and set this aside too.
- Put the turkey or chicken thigh mince into the mixing bowl.
- Add in the ground almonds, tomato puree, diced onions, chopped herbs and salt and pepper to your taste into the bowl.
- Dampen your hands under the tap so the mixture doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Using your damp hands scrunch all the ingredients together.
- Once everything is well mixed together divide the mixture into four even parts.
- Wash and dampen your hands again.
- Now take a quarter of the mixture and flatten it.
- Make it into a burger shape and make sure their is a dip in the middle of the burger.
- The dip will hopefully stop if from rising when in the oven.
- Put the burgers into the fridge for 4 – 6 hours.
- Place the burgers onto a baking tray and put into the oven for about 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
- Serve with chips and salad.
- Then enjoy.
Herby Chicken Burgers were easy to prepare and cook. The best part about making burgers is you can make them in advance of a meal and leave them in the fridge or freezer. They can also be made and frozen for another occasion. Then all you have to do is defrost them overnight. We loved these burgers and we hope you enjoy them too. However, you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you. xxx