Shouting ‘MEATBALLS’ for dinner in our house is definitely one way to get my little family to the table when dinner is served. Over the years I have tried and tested a lot of meatball combinations. To be honest, I do just love a plain meatball with sauce. I have also tried meatballs with lots of different sides too.
On the day I decided to cook these mouthwatering meatballs I was standing at the kitchen cupboards wondering what to cook with them. Suddenly I thought about roast potatoes and I decided to try it. The whole meal was so yummy. The meatballs and potatoes covered in a delicious tomato sauce. It was tasty and tangy. A perfect mid week meal or an even better weekend dish.
Do you love meatballs and if so what is your favourite way to cook them? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large mixing bowl x 2
- Dinner plate
- Baking tray
- Vegetable peeler
- Stirring spoon
Ingredients for the Meatballs
- Mince beef x 500g
- Onion granules x 1 tsp
- Garlic granules x 1 tsp
- Almond flour x 4 tbsps
- Water x 4 tbsps
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the almond flour and water into the large bowl and mix these ingredients together.
- Add in the mince beef, dried mixed herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Wet your hands under the tap and make sure your hands are damp.
- Scrunch all the ingredients together with your hand.
- When everything is mixed together divide into four parts.
- Take one of the four parts and start to make meatballs from the part.
- It should make about three large or four smaller meatballs.
- Put the meatballs onto the dinner plate and put them into the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
- See below for roast potatoes and sauce recipe.
- After 20 minutes take the potatoes out of the oven and add the meatballs in too.
- Place the tray into the oven.
- Cook for 25 – 30 minutes or until the meatballs are golden brown.
Ingredients for the potatoes
- King Edwards potatoes x 800g
- Water to cover the potatoes
Method for the roast potatoes
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces.
- Cover the potatoes in water and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and put the baking tray in.
- Drain the potatoes through the colander.
- Remove the preheat baking tray from the oven and put the potatoes into the tray.
- Drizzle over the oil and toss the potatoes until they are covered in oil.
- Put the tray back into the oven for about 20 minutes.
Ingredients for the sauce
- Garlic x 2 – 4 cloves
- Tomatoes x 2 400g tins
- Carrot x 1 large
- Courgette x 1 large
- Oil for the base of the saucepan
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Next peel and grate the carrot and courgette.
- Put the sauce pan onto a high heat on the hob.
- Add oil to the base of the pan.
- Once the pan is hot add in the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes.
- If the pan gets to hot turn the heat down slightly.
- Now add in the grated carrot and courgette.
- If the carrot and courgette stick to the base of the pan add a little water.
- Fry these ingredients for a good five minutes or until everything is soft.
- Next add in the tomatoes and turn the heat back up.
- Sprinkle over salt and pepper to your taste.
- Bring all the ingredients to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and leave to simmer.
- Leave on the hob for 30 minutes or so.
- This can be made before the oven is preheated for the meatballs.
- Once the sauce has started to thicken remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- When the sauce has cooled pour into the blender.
- Blend these ingredients until they are smooth.
- Put the sauce back onto a low heat and leave to simmer.
- When the meatballs are cooked and the sauce is thick and creamy add a green vegetable of your choice and serve.
- Then enjoy.
Baked Beef Meatballs, Potatoes and Sauce was a great meal that my little family really enjoyed. It was a huge success and it’s a meal I’ll definitely be cooking again soon. The best part about this meal is you could make the meatballs and sauce in advance and freeze them before you want to eat them. The dish is also delicious as leftovers the next day as well. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx