My husband Howard and Ted love crisps. I swear if I wasn’t here they would eat crisps for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Recently I have been looking for higher protein recipes. Howard and Ted both do well on a high protein diet rather than my high fibre diet. I’ve realised they can have a lot more cheese than I have been giving them.
Ted always wants crisps when he comes home from school. I have now started making these cheese crisps instead of carbohydrates in a packet. So far these seemed to be gobbled up without complaints. Ted loves them and he hopes you enjoy them too.
What would you eat instead of crisps? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Parmesan x 40g
- Cheddar cheese x 40g
- Grate the cheeses into the baking tray.
- Spread as evenly as possible over the tray.
- Put into the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until it starts to bubble.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- Peel off the cheese from the bottom of the tray.
- You may need a fish slice to remove the cheese from the base of the tray.
- Break into crisps.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Cheese Crisps are a big hit with my son Ted. These make a delicious after school snack or they are great as part of a lunch too. The crisps are also fairly quick and very easy to prepare and cook. There is more planning involved than just opening a bag of crisps but I feel these are better for Ted than the crisps. However you decide to eat this dish as always please enjoy. Thank you xxx