My son is a huge fan of fish so it’s a food I try to incorporate into our weekly menu a lot. For a long time, we were eating the same fish dishes which became a bit tedious. So I felt a change was needed and I started looking for different fish dinner ideas. Nowadays, I’m always searching or thinking of new ways to cook fish.
The other week we had a lemon, buttered/ghee chicken dish which everyone enjoyed. So I decided to try it with a plain piece of fish. We ate this with basa fillets but it could be eaten with cod too. As it has lemon and dried mixed herbs I would suggest a plain tasting fish would be best with this dinner. My son ate the lot so it was certainly enjoyed in our house.
- Small saucepan
- Large mixing bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Baking tray
- Fish slice
- Lemon x 1 juice and zest
- Unsalted butter or Ghee x 50g
- Cod or Basa fillets x 4
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Put the small saucepan on a low heat.
- Place the butter or ghee into the pan and melt until it becomes a liquid.
- Then remove from the heat.
- Now put the fish into the large bowl.
- Be sure to remove any skin or bones from the fish.
- Pour the butter or ghee over the fish.
- Next zest the skin from the lemon into the bowl.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice from it using the juicer or fork.
- Sprinkle over the dried mixed herbs and add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Rub the lemon and butter mixture as evenly as you can across the fish with your hands.
- Place the fish in the baking tray and drizzle the excess over the top.
- Slide the fish under the grill and cook for about 5 minutes or until the fish pulls apart easily.
- Once cooked, remove from the grill and serve with boiled rice or a grain of your choice and steamed greens.
Lemon Buttered/Ghee Herb Fish was a great way to make a plain piece of fish exciting. We had ours with jasmine rice and steamed greens. The fish could be eaten with boiled new potatoes or quinoa. It’s a quick and easy way to help make plain fish interesting. Plus it doesn’t take hours to cook it. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, enjoy.