For those of you that know me, you will know I have a love of chocolate. It’s one of my favourite sweet treats. There’s nothing more delicious to me than a chocolate dessert. When I ate refined sugar and processed foods, if a chocolate dish was on a menu in a restaurant, I would order it.
Strawberries and chocolate are a fantastic combination too. These two ingredients together make a really delicious sweet treat. When the warmer weather hit us a few weeks ago, I wanted a cold strawberry drink but I also wanted chocolate as well.
So I decided to put the two together and I made this milk drink. It’s an easy drink to make and I made it with frozen strawberries. It was refreshing and so yummy. I really enjoyed this drink on one of the hottest days of the year, so I had to post the recipe on my blog.
- Measuring jug
- Frozen strawberries x 1 handful
- Milk of your choice x 200 ml
- Raw cacao powder x 1 – 2 tbsp
- Almond butter x 1 – 2 tsp
- Ground sweet cinnamon x 1 tsp (optional)
- Measure the milk into the jug.
- Pour into the nutribullet or blender
- Add in the frozen strawberries, raw cacao powder, almond butter and ground sweet cinnamon (optional).
- Put the lid on the nutribullet/blender and blend all the ingredients.
- When they are smooth, remove from the blender and pour into a suitable cup.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Chocolate and Strawberry Milk was a deliciously fresh tasting drink. It was easy to do and in minutes I had a cold drink on a hot day. All the ingredients are freezable so this could be made in advance. It could be carried to work and drank as a mid morning or afternoon snack. However you decide to drink this one, as always, please enjoy.
What’s your favourite strawberry drink? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me?