Burgers are a favourite meal in this house. So I thought I would try my husband Howard and son Ted on these delicious burgers. When I first made them I was a little apprehensive of serving them to my family. Howard and Ted can be a bit fussy at times so I wasn’t sure if they would like this meal. It was a huge hit and so I thought I would show you how to make them. The recipe is on my YouTube channel Googie’s Kitchen and the blog post is below.
What vegan or vegetarian burgers do you love to eat? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Food processor
- Sweet potato x 2 large
- Black beans x 2 400g tins
- Tahini x 2 tbsps
- Tomato puree x 2 tbsps
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Brown rice flour x 4 – 6
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4 and put the baking tray in.
- Cut the sweet potato into 1 inch cubes.
- Remove the baking tray and put the sweet potato cubes in.
- Don’t put any oil on the potatoes and put the baking tray back into the oven.
- Cook for about 35 – 40 minutes or until the cubes are golden brown.
- Once the sweet potato is golden brown remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Drain the black beans through the colander and place them in the food processor.
- Add in the tahini, tomato puree and dried mixed herbs.
- Now add in the sweet potato and begin to blend the mixture together.
- Gradually, add the brown rice flour through the funnel of the processor.
- Once it starts to form a dough ball, stop adding the flour.
- You may use more or less of the flour.
- Divide the mixture up into quarters.
- With your hands shape the mixture into a burger.
- Then put back into the baking tray and place back into the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally serve with salad or my homemade coleslaw and enjoy.
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burgers were a big hit in our house. Howard and Ted thought they were delicious and I loved them too. We ate this meal with a delicious salad but you could have it with my homemade coleslaw too. However you decide to eat these meals, as always, enjoy.
Thank you. xxx