So this week I decided to cook my Garlic and Herb Gluten Free Turkey Dippers and chips. My husband Howard and son Ted love a Turkey Dipper so I know it’s one meal they will both eat. To accompany the meal I decided to cook a Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce.
Yes, I know you can buy sweet chilli sauce from the supermarket. However, being sugar free means it’s a little bit more difficult for me to buy from the shops. So I decided to make my own and it was delicious.
My husband Howard and I ate the dippers with the sweet chilli sauce. We really enjoyed this meal. Ted ate his with ketchup as the sweet chilli dipping sauce was a wee bit too hot for him. Below is a video and the recipe for you.
What do you enjoy eating sweet chilli sauce with? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
Makes about 100mls
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- Measuring jug
- Small Saucepan
- Chillies x 2 – 4
- Apple cider vinegar x 4 tbsps
- Coconut sugar or brown sugar x 4 tbsp
- Tamari or soy sauce x 4 tbsp
- Water x 100mls
- Cornflour x 2 tbsp
- Oil for the saucepan
- Start by slicing the chillies.
- You can remove the seeds but you don’t have too.
- If you are removing the seeds slice the chillies length ways and scrape the seeds from the inside.
- Put a small saucepan on a high heat and add the chillies.
- Fry until they start to soften for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Next add the coconut or brown sugar, the apple cider vinegar, tamari or soy sauce and water.
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Finally add the cornflour and keep stirring until it starts to thicken.
- Once it’s thick, remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Pour into a container and serve.
My Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce was delicious with my Garlic and Herb Gluten Free Turkey Dippers and chips. I’m looking forward to trying it in other recipes as well. I’m sure it will be delicious with all different types of meals. The sweet chilli sauce will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks. However you decide to eat this sauce, as always, enjoy. Thank you. xxx