Spices are a brilliant way to protect the body’s system at any time during the year but especially in the winter months. Firstly, they are an anti inflammatory that are loaded with antioxidants which help with wholeness and healing.
These spices work to keep the body’s immune system fighting fit during the colder months. Plus it can help with lots of other conditions like diabetes, arthritis and cholesterol. In the winter months these are the best spices to protect against coughs, colds and flu. Plus this drink is a delicious little treat that can be enjoyed all year round. Below is a video and the recipe for you.
What’s your favourite milky drink? Let me know in the comments below and please feel free to like and follow me.
- Oat milk x 1 cup (or a milk of your choice)
- Fresh turmeric x 1 centimetre piece (or a teaspoon or ground turmeric)
- Cinnamon x 1/2 tsp
- Ground ginger x 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cloves x 1/4 tsp
- Ground nutmeg x 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla powder x 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Raw cacao powder x 1 – 2 tsp
- Local honey or maple syrup x 1 – 2 tsp
- Pour the milk into the cup and then pour into the saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on a high heat and bring to the boil.
- While the milk is being brought to the boil, grate the turmeric in, add the spices and chocolate.
- Keep stirring continuously until the milk boils.
- The turn the heat down and stir for a further three minutes or so.
- Put the sieve on top of the cup and pour the mixture through the sieve.
- It will hopefully discard the turmeric pieces.
- Now add the honey or maple syrup and enjoy.
My Protective Chocolate Turmeric Milk is a great drink to have on a cold winter’s day. I enjoy this in the evening when my son has gone to bed and the house is quiet. For this drink, I have used oat milk but a milk of your choice is OK. Also if you can’t get fresh turmeric then ground is good too. However you decide to drink the delicious milk, as always, enjoy. Thank you. xxx