Ted my six year old son loves noodles. My Chicken Noodle Soup is one of his favourites. So I decided to try a new meal last weekend. We have a couple of staple Chinese meals but I’m always willing to try new dinners. I have a sweet and sour Chinese meal that we all love so I decided to add more honey.
By adding extra honey and taking a few other ingredients away, it made the whole dish much sweeter. My husband Howard and Ted both love sweetness in their meals and all the plates were empty by the time dinner was done. It was one I just had to share with you.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large saucepan or wok
- Plastic brush
- Diced chicken x 500g
- Spring onions x 1 bunch
- Red pepper x 1
- Carrot x 1
- Water chestnuts x 1 240g tin
- Bamboo shoots x 1 240g tin
- Chopped green beans x 200g
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the sauce
- Honey x 6 – 8 tbsp
- Tomato puree x 4 tbsp
- Tamari or soy sauce x 4 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar x 4 tbsp
- Ground ginger x 1 tbsp
- Garlic granules x 1 tbsp
Method for the sauce
- Pour the honey, tomato puree, tamari or soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, ground ginger and garlic granules into a jug.
- Mix all of these ingredients together and set aside.
Method for the main dish
- Cut the tops and tails from the spring onions and slice into half centimetre pieces.
- Slice the top from the red pepper and remove the core.
- Now slice the pepper length ways into half centimetre pieces.
- Set the vegetables aside.
- Next slice the chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Put a large pan or wok onto a high heat and add oil to the base of the pan.
- Once the pan is hot add the chicken and fry until golden brown.
- Add in the spring onions and fry until softened.
- It should take around 2 – 3 minutes.
- Next add in the carrots and red pepper and fry for a further few minutes.
- Open the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots and drain the water from the tin.
- Then add these to the stir fry and keep frying for another minute or so.
- Once everything is heated through pour over the sauce and stir until all the ingredients are covered in the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat down and leave on a low heat.
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions.
- When the noodles are cooked add them to the sauce and stir.
- Finally serve and enjoy.
Sweet and Sticky Stir Fry Chicken with Noodles was a quick and simple meal to cook. It fed my little family and everyone really enjoyed this dish. Sadly, it’s not a freezable dish but you could make the sauce in advance. You could make the sauce in advance and store it in the fridge. It would make the meal even quicker to cook on the day. However you decide to eat this dinner, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx