At this time of year I like nothing more than a warm soup for either lunch or dinner. There’s something comforting in a hot, steaming bowl of soup. To be honest, I’m not a fan of mushrooms let alone mushroom soup from a tin. It always tastes quite artificial to me.
When I decided to try this new soup I was a little apprehensive. On a Saturday, when my little family are having their usual cheese and homemade pickle sandwich, I will make myself a soup. I normally make my quick soups with butter beans. They make the soup creamy and they are great if you are gluten intolerant like me.
Butter beans have all the B vitamins your body misses when you don’t eat wholegrains. They are also a great source of fibre and these soups always fill me up until dinner. My little family didn’t try this dish but I did. Although, I don’t normally like mushrooms I thoroughly enjoyed this soup. Well worth a try if you’re a mushroom fan. Below is a video and recipe for you.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Onion x 1
- Mushrooms x 250g
- Butter Beans x 1 tin
- Vegetable stock x 200mls
- Milk x 200mls (your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for the pan
- Peel the heads of the mushrooms and slice.
- Peel and chop the onions and the garlic.
- Put a frying pan on a high heat.
- Pour in enough oil to cover the base of the pan.
- Spread the oil with a plastic brush if necessary.
- When the pan is hot add the onions.
- Fry until they start to soften.
- Now add the garlic and fry for a further two minutes.
- Next add the mushrooms and fry all the ingredients until they are soft.
- Once everything has softened, leave to cool.
- Drain the butter beans and put them into the blender.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and milk.
- Add the fried mushrooms, onions and garlic.
- Blend all these ingredients together.
- When they are smooth, pour into a saucepan.
- Turn the hob onto a medium heat and heat the soup gently until warmed through.
- Serve and enjoy.
A Super Quick Creamy Mushroom Soup is a simple recipe that was so easy to do. As I mentioned earlier, I’m not a huge fan of mushrooms but this was delicious. The best part is it could be made in advance of a meal, frozen and heated when needed. It was a filling meal for a lunchtime but I think it would also make a good light dinner too. However you decide to eat this meal, as always, enjoy.
What’s a favourite quick meal of yours? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx