Cauliflower is a very underrated vegetable. It’s packed full of nutrients that the body needs to thrive. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is high in fibre and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants that can protect against cancer and it contains fibre that can help with weight loss and digestion. Cauliflower contains choline, a nutrient that can also help with memory and learning.
Personally, I don’t think we eat enough cauliflower in this house. In fact I know we don’t eat enough because there was a cauliflower leftover in the fridge from Christmas. Above the cauliflower in our fridge was a cartoon of coconut drink. Therefore I decided to combine the two and add curry powder, salt and coconut cream. The results were amazing and I just had to share this healthy New Year recipe with you.
What’s your favourite food that’s made with cauliflower? Let me know in the comments and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Tablespoon (tbsp)
- Cauliflower x 1
- Coconut drink or a milk of your choice x 1 litre
- Curry powder x 1 tbsp
- Salt x 3 – 4 pinches
- Coconut cream x 200mls
- Cut the leaves from the cauliflower and then cut into florets.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan and add in the cauliflower florets.
- Bring these ingredients to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the cauliflower falls from the fork.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, add in the curry powder and salt.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
- When the ingredients have cooled, blend these ingredients together until they are smooth.
- Once these ingredients are smooth, pour them back into the saucepan.
- Finally, stir in the cream and heat the soup up.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Spicy Coconut and Cauliflower Soup was a delicious soup that is packed full of goodness. It’s a quick and easy recipe that is freezable too. I made this for my lunch and froze the remaining soup into batch for another lunchtime meal. If I was eating gluten I probably would have served this soup with a cheesy roll. Instead I made my Vegan Cheese and Onion Chickpea Wraps which I think was much more delicious that a bread roll. However you decided to eat this soup, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx