Lockdown 3.0 is back in the UK and I don’t know about you but sometimes I need energy to help me through my day. Rather than reach for the biscuits I’ve started to try a few healthier snacks and treats. We had leftover figs and walnuts from Christmas so I decided to make an energy ball with them.
Energy balls are a great boost to the system and they make a brilliant snack or after meal treat. They are full of nutrients, healthy carbs, fats, protein and fibre. Plus they can help to support lean muscle mass and aid weight control. These energy balls are made with dried fruit but there is no added sugar in them. Perfect if you are watching your sugar intake and a great sweet treat for Lockdown 3.0. Below is a video and the recipe for you.
What’s you favourite energy ball combination? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe to my channel.
Makes about 12 – 14 balls
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping board
- Food processor
- Airtight container
- Figs x 150g
- Walnuts x 1 large handful
- Ground flax seed x 2 tbsps
- Chia seeds x 2 tbsps
- Raw cacao powder x 2 tbsps plus extra for dusting
- Vegan butter or coconut oil x 50g
- Cut the figs roughly into quarters and put them into the food processor.
- Put the walnuts, ground flax seed, chia seeds, raw cacao powder or cocoa powder and vegan butter or coconut oil into the food processor too.
- Blend all of these ingredients together.
- While those ingredients are in the blender put extra raw cacao powder or cocoa powder in the bowl.
- Once everything has been chopped into small pieces, take a small handful and squash together until you make a ball.
- Now roll the ball in the powder until it is covered in it.
- Place in the airtight container.
- Repeat this process until you have used up all of the mixture in the food processor.
- Put the balls into the fridge for 4 to 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Fig and Walnut Energy Balls are a delicious snack that I enjoy during the day either as an afternoon or after lunch treat. My husband Howard and son Ted won’t eat these so they were all for me. I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed eating them and I would suggest making them all for you. If you want to be kind then you could share and they would make a yummy gift for a friend or relative. However you decide to eat these scrummy treats, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx
[…] Fig and Walnut Energy Balls […]