It’s that time of year again where I start to think about the gifts I would like to give to friends and family members. Last year, due to the situation, it was very different. We didn’t get to see as many friends nor family members as we would have liked to.
That didn’t mean I couldn’t make them all gifts. Thankfully the post was still working. Plus many of my friends and family members live in the local area. I love making food for other people as it brings me so much joy. These gingerbread date balls are just delicious and I think they did make a yummy present. It’s definitely one I’ll be giving again this year. Below is a video and recipe for you.
Have you tried date balls before and what’s your favourite? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Food processor
- Tupperware box
- Medjool dates x 150g
- Ground flax seeds x 4 heaped tbsp
- Pecans x 150g
- Chia seeds x 2 tbsp
- Raw cacao powder or cocoa powder x 2 tbsp
- Vegan Butter, Unsalted butter, coconut oil or ghee x 2 tbsp
- Maple syrup x 1 – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Ground ginger x 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon x 2 tsp
- Ground nutmeg x 1/4 tsp
- Ground cloves x 1/4 tsp
- Desiccated coconut x 2 heaped tbsp
- Remove the stones from the dates and put them into the food processor.
- Add in the ground flax seed, pecans, chia seeds, raw cacao powder or cocoa powder, coconut oil, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground cloves.
- Blend all of these ingredients together until the mixture forms a sort of ball.
- Take a piece of the mixture and roll it between your hands until it forms a ball.
- Roll it in the desiccated coconut until it is covered.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the mixture.
- Put in the fridge for a couple of hours or preferably overnight.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Chocolate Gingerbread Date Balls were a huge hit with me. When I made these the other day I hid them in the fridge so I could enjoy them for myself. Shh, don’t tell my husband or son!!! I know I said I would be making them as presents but I had to make sure they were ok first. Trust me, they were good so you can give your ones away. Hee, hee! However you decide to eat this treat or whoever you give it to, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx