Whenever I smell ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves it always reminds me of winter. Therefore I thought I would add these delicious spices to a date ball. It has now been proven that spices are a great way to help the body with inflammation. These beauties are natures medicine and they can actively help to fight against heart disease, obesity and diabetes. Plus they can help fight against seasonal illnesses such as colds and flu.
Spices also have immune boosting qualities. During the winter weather spices can help repair any damage caused by the cooler months. In recent years I have been adding plenty of spices to our meals especially at this time of year. I’m not saying that we have not caught a cold or even flu in the past years but I would like to think we have far less. Nowadays I try to include spices in lots of my recipes including these date balls. They were delicious and one I may have to include in my diet all year round.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Food processor
- Tupperware box or airtight container
- Medjool dates x 150g
- Ground flax seeds x 4 heaped tbsp
- Almond butter x 150g
- Raw cacao powder or cocoa powder x 2 tbsp plus extra for dusting
- Ground ginger x 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon x 2 tsp
- Ground nutmeg x 1/4 tsp
- Ground cloves x 1/4 tsp
- Remove the stones from the dates and put them into the food processor.
- Add in the ground flax seed, almond butter raw cacao powder or cocoa powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground cloves.
- Blend all of these ingredients together until the mixture forms a sort of ball.
- Take a piece of the mixture and roll it between your hands until it forms a ball.
- Roll it in the extra raw cacao powder or cocoa until it is covered.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the mixture.
- Put in the fridge for a couple of hours or preferably overnight.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Chocolate Christmas Spiced Date Balls were a huge hit with me. When I made these the other day I hid them in the fridge so I could enjoy them for myself. Shh, don’t tell my husband or son!!! I had to make sure they were ok first. Trust me, they you won’t want to give your ones away. If you do decide to gift them then they do make a delicious gift for a family member or friend. Hee, hee! However you decide to eat this treat or whoever you give it to, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx