During winter oranges are a great food to have to hand. As many of you will know oranges are high in vitamin C which can help to protect our bodies against common colds and flu. The delicious citrus fruit can also help to make collagen. Collagen can help to heal wounds and it can make skin look smoother. Plus they are great immune boosters and they can boost the body immune system to fight against diseases.
Winter is a good time to start eating more warming foods too. Hence the reason why I heat up my smoothie bowl in the morning. Warm foods help our bodies fight the cold weather. Spices are also a great way to help protect the body against winter illness. Sweet cinnamon is a delicious spice that tastes so yummy in this smoothie bowl. For me, knowing I’m feeding myself warming meals through winter can help me feel better during this cold season. This smoothie is definitely one I will warm up every winter.
Do you love a smoothie for breakfast and if so what’s your favourite flavour? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Orange x 1
- Sweet cinnamon x 1 tbsp
- Raspberries or blueberries x 1 handful
- Walnuts x 1 small handful
- Flaxseed x 1 tbsp
- Chia seeds x 1 tbsp
- Pumpkin seeds x 1 tbsp
- Spinach x 1 handful
- Ground sweet cinnamon x 1 tsp (optional)
- Milk x 300mls (of your choice)
- Slice the skin from the orange.
- Put the orange on a chopping board and slice between the skin and the flesh.
- Then repeat this process on the other side of the segment.
- Repeat the process again for half of the orange.
- Place the other half of the orange, sweet cinnamon, banana, raspberries or blueberries, walnuts, flaxseed, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, spinach, ground sweet cinnamon and milk in the blender.
- Blend all of these ingredients together.
- Pour the contents into a saucepan and turn the heat onto high.
- Stir the smoothie until it heats through.
- Pour into a bowl and add extra seeds, orange segments and fruit if you fancy it.
- Serve and enjoy.
Orange and Sweet Cinnamon Warm Smoothie were a big hit with moi. I really enjoyed this breakfast bowl all by myself. The morning I made this dish my husband Howard and son Ted had already gone shopping. They had eaten their breakfast by the time I had got to mine. Therefore this smoothie was all mine. If I had wanted to go with them I would have made this smoothie the night before and heated it up in the morning. That’s the beauty of this dish it can be made the day before and stored in the fridge. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx
[…] Orange and Sweet Cinnamon Warm Smoothie […]