We planted our apple tree when we first moved into our home. It has finally given us an abundance of apples this year. We moved into this house in 2016 and I think we brought the apple tree the same year. I grew up with a pear tree in my childhood house.
When my parents moved they planted an apple tree in the new garden. Therefore it seemed right to plant a fruit tree in the garden. We tried in our last house but the soil was so bad that not much grew in that garden.
Thankfully the soil is so much better here. Last year, there were squirrels in a neighbouring garden that kept stealing the apples before they were ripe. So we didn’t get many. This year thanks to the abundance of sunshine we had equal in apples. Hence why this recipe. We are now trying to eat them all before they go bad.
Have you had or do you have fruit trees growing in the garden and if so what do you have and what do you make with the fruit? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Stirring spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Grease proof paper
Ingredients for the flapjack
- Gluten free oats x 300g
- Eating apples x 2 large
- Chia seeds x 50g
- Flax seed x 50g
- Ground sweet cinnamon x 1 tbsp
- Baking powder x 1 tsp
- Coconut or brown sugar x 100g
- Dates x 150g
- Vegan butter, unsalted butter or ghee x 150g
- Salt x 1/2 teaspoon
Method for the flapjack
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Line the baking tray with the grease proof paper.
- Now weigh and measure all the ingredients.
- In the mixing bowl add the oats, flax seed, chia seeds, ground sweet cinnamon, baking powder, coconut sugar and salt.
- Stir all these ingredients together until they are well mixed.
- In the saucepan add the ghee, coconut oil or butter.
- Put the saucepan on to a low heat on the hob and stir until the ghee, coconut oil or butter has melted.
- Next pour the saucepan ingredients into the blender.
- Remove the stones from the medjool dates and add to the blender.
- Blend these ingredients together.
- You may need a little oil to help blend the dates.
- Blend until everything is smooth ish.
- Add the blender ingredients to the dry ones and mix everything together.
- Make sure all of the dry ingredients are covered in the blender ones.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-lined baking tray and put in the oven for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
- Then remove and leave to cool completely.
- Cut into squares, serve and enjoy.
Apple and Cinnamon Flapjacks were very gratefully received by my little family. We really enjoyed these flapjacks. They were very easy to bake and they made a delicious dessert and snack for us. They could be put into a lunch box or they can be taken on a picnic as well. They do need to be left to cool completely on a cooling rack. Trust me, they will fall apart if they aren’t left to cool. However you decide to eat these flapjacks, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx