Occasionally on a Saturday night I like to make an easy dinner. So I’ll pull the slow cooker from the cupboard, put all my ingredients in and let it cook for eight hours, depending on what I’m cooking. As I have said in the past, when I slow cook our dinners I feel like the fairies have been in to cook.
When I thought of this idea again I was a little apprehensive about using lavender in the slow cooker. I tried to make a herb stock in the slow cooker before and the results were pretty bad. So I’m always undecided about putting any new herb in my cooker. I also fed this dish to my husband, son and mum.
The dish was a hit with my family and when I told them that I had put lavender in they were amazed. They didn’t even notice. Although, I must admit the lavender was a very subtle flavour that you probably wouldn’t notice unless you knew it was in the meal. It’s a yummy dish that we would recommend you try.
What delicious combinations have you tried with pork? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Slow cooker
- Serving spoon
- Pork tenderloin x 500g
- Onion x 1
- Courgette x 1
- Carrots x 1
- Red pepper x 1
- Tomatoes x 2 400g tins
- Chicken stock x 250mls
- Lavender stalks x 4 – 6
- Oregano x 1 tsp
- Honey x 4 tbsps
- Kale or spinach x 4 large handfuls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown rice x 300g
- Start by peeling and dicing the onion.
- Next peel and dice the carrots and courgettes.
- Now remove the top of the red pepper and discard of the core and green stalk.
- Dice the red pepper and put all these ingredients into the slow cooker.
- If not already diced, dice the pork into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Put these into the slow cooker and pour over the tomatoes and stock.
- Roughly cut the lavender and sprinkle over the ingredients.
- Sprinkle over the oregano and add the honey.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now stir all of these ingredients together.
- Turn the slow cooker on high for four hours and low for eight hours.
- Start cooking your rice as per the packet instructions just before the end of the cooking process.
- 30 minutes before you want to serve, add in the kale or spinach.
- Then serve with the cooked rice and enjoy.
Tomato, Honey and Lavender Slow Cooked Pork was a delicious dish that we all enjoyed. It was a great weekend dinner but this meal would also make a delicious mid week dinner too. As much as I love to cook I also like to make life easier occasionally. So thank god for slow cookers they really do make my life easy. They are a blessing and I’m so grateful for mine. You can make double of this dinner and freeze it. Then you’ll have an even quicker dinner for another occasion. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx