During the week, as I have mentioned many times before, I make Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday no meat days. So we eat a lot of vegan and vegetarian meals. As I was looking back through my recipes I noticed I had made a Mince Meat Beef Goulash. So I decided to replace a few of the ingredients in this recipe and change the dish to a Stroganoff.
Firstly, we are not huge mushroom fans in this house so I always use courgettes instead. Also, I decided to swap the mince meat for black beans. To me, the black beans are like the meat so it doesn’t feel like I’m missing anything. As well as these two ingredients I also used coconut cream instead of cream.
My decisions I felt, led me to a delicious dinner. However, my husband and son were a little less impressed with this one. I have to be honest, they both didn’t enjoy it as they are not fans of black beans. For me, I thought it was a delicious alternative and I would definitely eat this again.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- Large pan
- Plastic brush
- Stirring spoon
- Black beans x 2 400g tins
- Coconut milk x 8 tbsp
- Onion x 1
- Courgette x 2 large
- Vegetable stock x 600 mls
- Smoked paprika x 1 tsp
- Dried Mixed Herbs x 1 tsp
- Tomato puree x 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for the pan
- Kale, spinach or green beans x 4 handfuls
- Quinoa or rice x 300g
- Start by peeling and chopping the onion.
- Peel the courgettes and slice thinly.
- Put a large pan on a high heat and add oil to the base.
- Spread the oil across the base with the plastic brush.
- Wait until the pan is hot and then fry the onion.
- When the onions become translucent/see through add in the smoked paprika and dried mixed herbs.
- Fry for a further couple of minutes.
- Now add in the courgettes and fry until they become soft.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add in the coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the ingredients to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and leave to simmer.
- Put double the amount of boiling water to quinoa into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the quinoa to the pan and turn the heat down.
- Leave the pan to simmer.
- Cook the quinoa until all the water has dissolved.
- Once the quinoa is cooked turn the heat off.
- Serve with the Stroganoff and enjoy.
Courgette and Black Bean Stroganoff was a quick and simple meal. During the week I’m all for easy dishes. At the weekend I enjoy spending time in the kitchen but on week days I’m all about speed and ease. This dish probably took me about 50 minutes to prepare and cook. Plus all the ingredients in this meal can be frozen and it could be a super quick dinner during the week. However you decide to eat this dish, as always , enjoy.
Do you eat vegan and vegetarian meals during the week, if so what do you enjoy eating? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx