Strawberries are back in season and on our supermarket shelves. My son Ted loves eating strawberries as a snack too. So we normally buy them in bulk from the frozen section of the supermarket. That way he can eat them all year round.
For me, I prefer to eat them when they are in season. So June, July and August are the times when I enjoy strawberries. We love the typically British combination of Strawberries and Cream. My husband, son and I really enjoy eating juicy strawberries.
As strawberries are a food we all eat, I love to think of new recipes. The fruit is actually very versatile and I have made a couple of interesting dishes with strawberries before. These pots were a delicious way to enjoy strawberries and we all enjoyed eating them. They made a lovely dessert on a warm summers day.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Nutribullet or blender
- Measuring jug
- Small 250 ml pots x 4
- Coconut drink x 600 mls or a milk of your choice
- Strawberries x 1 large handful
- Chia seeds x 100g
- Maple syrup x 2 – 4 tbsps (optional if strawberries are sweet enough)
- Raw cacao powder x 4 tbsps
- Start by hulling the strawberries.
- To hull a strawberry, insert a small knife into the top of a strawberry near the green leaves.
- Using the knife, cut around the outside and back to the start.
- Pull on the green leaves which will take out that part of the strawberry and the stem inside.
- Repeat the process until all the strawberries are hulled.
- Keep 4 strawberries and add the rest to the blender.
- Add the milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and raw cacao powder.
- Blend all of these ingredients together until the consistency is fairly smooth.
- Pour into the measuring jug and then pour into the small bowls.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
My Strawberry Chocolate Chia Pots were delicious and there were clean bowls all round. This dessert is a quick and easy one. It can be made in advance of a meal and will store for a couple of days. Plus all the ingredients are freezable so you could make these to store in the freezer. It would be good as an after lunch or dinner treat and it could be a mid morning or afternoon treat too. However you decide to eat this dessert, as always enjoy.
Have you ever tried a chia seed dish and if so, what ones have you tried? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx