Chocolate and Strawberries are one of my favourite combinations. The taste of a sweet juicy strawberry combined with the bitterness of dark chocolate is simply heaven. The idea for this one came from a friend who was talking about fruit skewers on the BBQ. I’ve honestly never tried BBQ fruit skewers. Next time we have a BBQ, fruit skewers will be on the menu.
The skewers I made this time around I put in the oven. Again, I have never done this before but I knew it would be delicious. Baking the strawberries on skewers in the oven made them very sweet and even juicer. Dipping the baked strawberries in the coconut chocolate cream was a juicy, sweet, bitter treat. My husband, son and I really enjoyed these as an after dinner treat. We know you will too.
- Skewers x 2
- Baking tray
Ingredients for the strawberries
- Strawberries x 300g
Method for baking the strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Start by hulling the strawberries.
- To hull a strawberry, insert a small knife into the top of a strawberry near the green leaves.
- Using the knife, cut around the outside and back to the start.
- Pull on the green leaves which will take out that part of the strawberry and the stem inside.
- Repeat the process until all the strawberries are hulled.
- Push the hulled strawberries on to each of the skewers.
- Place the skewers across the baking tray.
- Put into the oven for 15 – 20 mins or until the strawberries start to drip juice.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce.
Ingredients for the Coconut Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- Coconut cream x 100mls
- 100% dark chocolate or good quality dark chocolate x 20g
- Maple syrup x 1 tbsp
Method for the Coconut Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- Pour the coconut cream into the sauce pan.
- Add the dark chocolate and maple syrup.
- Put the pan on a medium heat and stir with the spoon until the chocolate melts into the cream.
- Once everything has melted remove from the hob.
- Serve the strawberries and sauce and enjoy.
Oven Baked Strawberry Skewers with Chocolate Coconut Dipping Sauce was a very quick and yummy dessert. As I mentioned earlier my little family really enjoyed this dish and I will certainly be making this one again. It’s definitely a summer pudding that can be enjoyed on a warm evening. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy.
What is your favourite fruit and chocolate combination and how do you like to eat them? Let me know in the comment sections and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx