My mum can cook but she doesn’t enjoy it as much as my dad did. Dad was the main cook in our house when I was living there. On a Friday evening, after a long week at work, my dad liked to make an easy dinner. This recipe was one we would have regularly. When I asked my dad where the recipe came from, he told me my mum made it for him. Dad really liked it and he decided to make it on Friday nights. We used to eat this dish with a big bread roll and it was always one of my favourites. As the festive season is upon us I thought I would show you how to make this meal. It could be a great starter to a dinner party or you could have it as an evening snack after the main meal is done. I have a video on my YouTube channel Googie’s Kitchen and the recipe is below too.
What is your favourite no cook meal? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Large mixing bowl
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Stirring spoon
- Serving plates or bowls x 4
- Prawns x 500g
- Avocado x 2 large
- Homemade mayonnaise x 8 – 10 tbsp
- Tommy K or tomato puree x 4 – 5 tbsp
- Tamari x 2 – 4 tbsp
- Smoked paprika x 1 tsp
- Little gem lettuce x 2
- In the large mixing bowl add the mayonnaise, Tommy K or tomato puree, tamari and smoked paprika.
- Stir all these ingredients together with the spoon.
- Add in the prawns and stir again.
- Cut the avocado’s in half and remove the stones.
- Place the avocado halves on the plates or the bowls.
- Slice a small amount from the bottom to make them stand.
- Cut the lettuce up and place around the outside of the avocado.
- Spoon the prawns and sauce evenly across the four avocado halves.
- Serve and enjoy.
My mum’s prawn cocktail is a fantastic starter at a dinner party or it can make a brilliant lunch or light evening meal. I had my prawn cocktail with homemade coleslaw and it was delicious. It’s a great dish for a warm summer’s day when it’s too hot to cook. Prawn Cocktail is a no cooking meal which is why my mum liked it so much. It mean’t she didn’t have to cook so that was perfect in her eyes. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, enjoy.
Thank you xxx