Lunch time in our house is normally always busy. Therefore I’m always in need of a speedy dish. As I have mentioned in previous recipes mushrooms are not my favourite fungi or vegetable. In recent months I’ve been trying to teach myself to like mushrooms. I’ve been trying mushrooms in a variety of different recipes.
Mushrooms are immune boosting and during these uncertain times we could all do with keeping well and staying healthy. I think that’s why I’ve been trying different vegetables. To be honest this situation has made me realise I want to be the best and healthiest version of myself. I know that eating a lot of different vegetables can help me with that plan. If I can fit even more veggies in at lunch time then that is an added bonus too. Below is video and recipe for you.
What’s your favourite lunch time dish? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Wooden or stirring spoon
- Onion x 1
- Garlic x 2 – 4
- Mushrooms x 500g
- Kale x 2 large handfuls
- Rice x 300g
- Vegetable stock x 600mls
- Tamari or soy sauce x 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the rice twice through the colander and then put the rice into the saucepan.
- Pour over the vegetable stock and make sure their is 2 centimetres of stock from the top of the rice.
- Add the the tamari or the soy sauce.
- Put the rice on the hob and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and leave to simmer until all the water has been absorbed.
- Peel and slice the onion and the garlic.
- Next slice the mushrooms and set these ingredients aside.
- Put the frying pan onto a high heat and add oil to the base of the pan.
- When the pan is hot add in the onions and fry until they start to soften.
- It should take around 3 – 5 minutes for the onions to soften.
- The pan may start to get a little hot so turn the heat down and add in a little water.
- Once the onions are soft add in the garlic and fry for a further few minutes.
- Now put the mushrooms into the frying pan and fry until they are golden brown.
- Add in the kale and fry for a further few minutes or until the kale starts to soften as well.
- When all the ingredients are cooked through remove the frying pan from the heat.
- Wait for the rice to cook through too.
- You can speed up the process by turning the heat back up and stirring the rice and liquid in the pan.
- Once the rice is cooked add in the mushrooms, onion, garlic and .
- Stir all the ingredients around until everything is well mixed together.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Simple Mushroom and Garlic Rice was a delicious lunch time dish. If you are not a vegan then you could always add an egg or maybe fry tofu with the mushrooms for more protein. Sadly this dish is not freezable but it does make a brilliant packed lunch or light dinner too. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx