When I think of chicken soup I often associate it with a cold winter’s day. I love soup but I don’t often think about eating it during the summer. Therefore I decided to make a more summery version of my chicken soup. As the warmer weather is now with us I felt it was time to roll out the summer food.
Occasionally in the UK the weather can turn cold and wet during the summer. It’s always good to have winter recipes that you can adapt for cooler days in the warmer months. For me, the slow cooker is a god send. It means I don’t have to spend a long time working at a hot stove.
All I have to do is put all the ingredients into the pot and let it cook. It’s a perfect way to cook a warm meal on a cold summers day. Basically, soup doesn’t have to be eat in winter you can have your soup in summer too. What winter dishes, if any, have you adapted for a summers day? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe to my channel.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Slow Cooker
- Serving/stirring spoon
- Chicken x 500g
- Chorizo x 160g
- Leek x 1
- Garlic x 2 cloves
- Carrot x 1
- Courgette x 1
- Butternut squash x 1 small
- Chicken stock x 800mls
- Tamari or soy sauce x 1 tbsp
- Dried oregano
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper
- Pasta x 300g
- Remove the tops and tail from the leek
- Cut the leek into half centimetre pieces.
- Peel the garlic and slice it thinly.
- Next peel the carrot and courgette into slices.
- Now peel the butternut squash and cut into 1 centimetre pieces.
- Put the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Then add in the chicken stock, tamari, dried oregano dried mixed herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for eight hours.
- Thirty minutes before the end, add in the noodles and cook until ready to serve.
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions and add to the soup at the end of the cooking time.
- Finally add in the kale and stir it around in the slow cooker until it has wilted down.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Soup was a hit in our house. My husband Howard and son Ted loved this meal. The soup was very meat and full of flavour. It was an easy dish to prepare and cook. The best part is you can make double of this meal and freeze any leftovers. I would personally just freeze the soup. When you want to eat it, defrost the day before and cook the pasta on that day too. Personally I think cooking food like pasta is best cooked on the day. However you decide to eat this dinner, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx
[…] Slow Cooker Chicken and Chorizo Soup https://googieskitchenlife.com/2022/06/03/slow-cooker-chicken-and-chorizo-pasta-soup/ […]