During the week I was serving a variety of meals but the fish dinners, I hate to admit, had been neglected. I really enjoy making new meals for dinner but I was not great at changing the fish dishes. We were eating the same fish dishes each week and when I realised I started to think about what fish dinners we could eat.
Once I had made the decision to change I started to think of meals we could all eat. Sweet and Spicy Crab Pasta is based on a tuna pasta recipe that uses cinnamon. Crab does not have a strong flavour so you can add a variety of spices to the meat. The dish was well received by my little family and my son’s plate was clean by the end of the meal. So below is the link for the video on my YouTube channel Googie’s Kitchen and the recipe too.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large saucepan
- Plastic brush
- Stirring spoon
- Serving spoon
- Crab x 2 240g tins
- Spring onions x 1 bunch
- Courgette x 2
- Red peppers x 2
- Mild or hot chilli powder x 1 tsp
- Sweet cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Smoked paprika x 1 tsp
- Garlic granules x 1 tsp
- Dried oregano x 1 tsp
- Spinach x 4 large handfuls
- Fresh coriander x 1 handful
- Lime x 1 juice
- Oil for the pan
- Pasta x 300g
- Peel the courgette and then slice it.
- Cut the head from the peppers and remove the core from the pepper.
- Slice the peppers and set these ingredients aside.
- Remove the tops and bottoms from the spring onions and then slice into half centimetre pieces.
- Put the large pan on a high heat and add the oil.
- Spread the oil evenly across the base of the pan.
- Wait for the pan to get hot and add the spring onions.
- Fry the spring onions until the start to soften and turn translucent/see-through.
- Add in the courgettes and red peppers.
- Fry until these vegetables start to soften.
- Sprinkle over the spices and herbs.
- Now fry for a further minute or so.
- Pour in the tomatoes and stir all the ingredients together.
- Bring to the boil and then turn the heat down and leave to simmer.
- Next cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain through the colander and add to the sauce.
- Add in the spinach and stir until it wilts into the sauce and pasta.
- Chop the coriander and add this in too.
- Finally slice the lime and squeeze the juice using the fork.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Sweet and Spicy Crab Pasta was a simple and easy dinner. Honestly, it took me about twenty minutes from start to finish. So this is a super fast supper that the family can enjoy. Crab is not great frozen in a meal like this one. It’s best to freeze crab in it’s shell. So not an ideal meal for the deep freeze but it’s quick. It’s a meal that is best cooked fresh and serve immediately. However you decide to eat this dinner, as always, enjoy.
Do you eat crab and if so, how do you like to eat this yummy shellfish? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx