Today I decided to write this post as the sun is shining brightly in the sky and I’m eating my delicious fruit salad. On a hot summer’s day I have to eat a fresh fruit salad as I find it very refreshing. For me, eating a cold, juicy fruit salad is what makes a summer’s day.
Recently I’ve been looking at classic salads that I love to eat and I have been making a few changes. I love fruit salad but I wanted to do it differently. So I decided to add cinnamon to the dish. I was amazed at the difference in flavour.
The cinnamon gave the fruit a spicy undertone and it brought all the tastes together. It was so much more exciting than a plain fruit salad. I ate this as a mid morning snack but it could be made into a starter or a dessert too. It’s definitely a summer treat I’ll be eating again.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Tupperware box or bowl
- Pineapple x 1 small
- Mango x 1 small
- Melon x 1 small
- Kiwi x 4 – 6
- Cut the top and the bottom from the pineapple.
- Remove the skin using the knife and cutting length ways down the pineapple.
- Once all the skin has been removed, cut the pineapple into quarters.
- Now remove the core by cutting length ways at the edge of the core.
- Next cut the flesh into 1 cm pieces and put into the salad bowl or box.
- Carefully cut the fleshy part of the mango in two halves on either side of the stone.
- Score the flesh into cubes all the way to the skin.
- Scoop out the cubes and put them into the salad bowl or box.
- Cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds from the middle, if it has seeds.
- Now cut the melon into quarters and then into eighths
- Again score the flesh into cubes all the way to the skin.
- Using the knife, gently remove the cubes by slicing the skin from the flesh.
- Put the melon cubes into the salad bowl or box.
- Finally slice the kiwi fruit in half.
- Using the teaspoon, scoop the flesh from the skin.
- Cut any excess skin from the bottom of the kiwi and slice into pieces.
- Add the kiwi to the salad bowl or box.
- Sprinkle over the cinnamon and carefully stir all these ingredients together.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Tropical Fruit and Cinnamon Salad was so yummy that I just had to share it with you. It was simple and easy to do. The fruit did take a little while to prepare but it was worth the effort. As I mentioned earlier this would make a scrummy dessert or even starter. I would add coconut cream and maple syrup to make it into a dessert. Plus I normally only make this for me. No-one in my little family will eat this dish. So I like to keep it in a tupperware box in the fridge. It will keep for a couple of weeks too. However you decide to eat this salad, as always, please enjoy.
Do you love fruit salad as much as me? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me? xxx