Chocolate is one of my favourite sweet treats and I think truffles make a great gift at Christmas time. Instead of buying truffles, I always enjoy making them for my friends and family. I love giving personal gifts such as homemade food to my favourite people.
Chocolate truffles are such an easy gift to make and these don’t take a lot of time. Plus if you don’t want to make them for every person in your address book you could always make them as an after dinner treat too. They are a delicious mid afternoon snack on Christmas day.
What are your favourite chocolates? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Nutribullet or blender
- Bowl with lid
- Vegan butter, (Ghee or Unsalted butter, if not vegan) x 150g
- Coconut cream x 100mls
- Medjool dates x 8 – 10
- Sea salt x 1/2 tsp
- Maple syrup x 1 – 2 tbsp
- Raw cacao powder or cocoa powder x 4 tbsp plus extra for dusting
- Remove the butter from the fridge to soften for a good few hours or preferably overnight.
- Cut the Medjool dates in half and remove the stones.
- Now put them into the blender along with the coconut cream, butter, sea salt, maple syrup and raw cacao powder or cocoa powder.
- Blend all of these ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the contents of the blender into the bowl with a lid.
- Put the lid on and store in the fridge for at least six hours preferably overnight.
- Once the mixture has hardened I then start to make it into truffles.
- Pour the extra cacao or cocoa powder onto the plate.
- You will probably need about 3 to 4 tablespoons.
- With a clean teaspoon, scoop out a small piece of the mixture.
- Take the mixture from the spoon and place it between your hands and roll into a ball space.
- Now roll the truffle in the powder and set to one side.
- You can place the truffles in a glass jar, a present box or onto a spare plate.
- Repeat this process until all the mixture has been made into truffles.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Vegan Salted Caramel Truffles are so delicious. They are a very tempting treat that my family were pleased to received a few days ago. By the way, making these truffles is a messy job but the effort is worth the results. The truffles can be made a few days in advance of any gift giving and they will last in the fridge for a few weeks if stored in an airtight container. However you decide to eat these truffles, as always, please enjoy.
Thank you. xxx
[…] 5) Vegan Salted Caramel Truffles […]