Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink. Well that’s not the case with this delicious flavoured water. During the summer months I tend to drink a lot of cold water. Occasionally I do crave a sweet drink to quench my thirst on a hot day.
A few weeks ago I made a Tropical Fruit and Cinnamon Salad. So I began to wonder what the flavours of these fruits would taste like as a drink. I decided to give it a try and I was very pleased I did. The pineapple and mango made the water refreshing and the vanilla pod made it slightly sweet.
It was a great way to enjoy my water without all the added chemical nasty’s you can buy from the shops. Plus it was so simple and easy to do. The only time consuming parts were chopping the fruit and waiting for the water to cool. For me, the parts were worth the effort for the end results. Below is a video and recipe for you.
Makes 1.5 – 2 Litres
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large glass bowl
- Pineapple x half
- Mango x 1
- Vanilla pod x 1
- Slice the pineapple in half and put one half back in the fridge.
- Remove the top or bottom from the pineapple and then the skin.
- Cut the pineapple in half and then quarter it.
- Now remove the core, by slicing the hard piece in the middle away from the rest of the pineapple.
- Next slice it into 2 centimetre pieces.
- Carefully cut the fleshy part of the mango in two halves on either side of the stone.
- Score the flesh into cubes all the way to the skin.
- Scoop out the cubes.
- Put both these fruits into the large glass bowl.
- Add in the cinnamon stick.
- Fill the kettle and bring it to the boil.
- Once the kettle boils, pour over the hot water.
- Leave to cool.
- Pour through the sieve into the jug.
- Finally store in the fridge until ice cold.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Tropical Fruit and Vanilla Water was one way to enjoy a nice cold drink on a warm summers day. It will keep in the fridge for a few days and it’s freezable too. So you could make it in advance and defrost before you want to drink it. I thought that it would make a great party drink too. The colours from this drink would liven up any table at a party. However you decide to drink this yummy water, as always, please enjoy. xxx
[…] Tropical Fruit and Vanilla Water […]