Soup is a great winter warmer and at this time of year it’s greatly received by my little family. When the weather outside is cold, there’s nothing quite like coming home to a nice warm bowl of soup. For me, soup makes me feel warm and well. This soup recipe is simple but full of ingredients that are great for the bodys well being. It’s also very flavoursome and it will keep everyone warm in winter. As it’s such a great dish I thought I would show you how to cook it on my YouTube channel Googie’s Kitchen. Plus the blog post is below too.
Do you love soup in winter and if so what’s your favourite? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Vegetable peeler
- Baking tray
Ingredients for the curry sauce
- Red Chilli x 1 /2 – 1
- Dried lemongrass x 2 stalks
- Ginger x 1 inch piece
- Garlic x 2 cloves
- Coconut Milk x 500mls
Method for the curry sauce
- Remove the stalk from the chillies and slice in half.
- Scrape out the seeds with the back of the knife, if you’re a wuss like me.
- Next peel the skin from the piece of ginger and the garlic cloves.
- Cut the lemongrass into 1 centimetre pieces and put all of these ingredients into the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients together until they are smooth.
- Set side.
Ingredients for the soup
- Onion x 1
- Butternut squash x 1
- Carrots x 1
- Butter beans x 2 400g tins
- Vegetable stock x 500ml
Method for soup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Peel the butternut squash, cut off the top and bottom.
- Slice the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the butternut squash into large chucks and place in the baking tray.
- Next peel the carrots and cut into large chunks too.
- Place the carrot chunks in the baking tray.
- Open the tinned butter beans and drain them through the colander.
- Rinse the beans under the tap and place them in the baking tray.
- Pour over the curry sauce and the vegetable stock.
- Put the baking tray into the oven for 35 – 40 minutes or until the butternut squash has softened.
- Leave to cool.
- Once all the ingredients have cooled pour into the blender.
- Blend until smooth and then pour into the saucepan and heat until warm or hot.
- Serve with a chickpea flour wrap or cheesy flatbread and enjoy.
Sweet and Slightly Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup is a delicious way to enjoy spices and vegetables. It’s a great winter warm that could can be made in batches and frozen for another occasion. My husband and son ate these with a cheesy flatbread. I had mine with a chickpea flour wrap and these recipes will be coming soon. However you decide to eat this meal, as always, please enjoy.
Thank you. Xxx